Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sports of all Sorts

First a bowling post, now moving onto baseball.  I must be raising boys!

I am ever thankful to have a husband who is not only good-looking, but adept at sports.  As many of you know, I am clumsy and never really played any team sport (though, yes, cheerleading is a sport for those of you who doubt it).  I think I played one year of basketball when I was in 5th grade and was on the high school golf team simply because you got to play golf for free.  I never actually hit a ball in a tournament! 

But, with two boys I know that sports will run rampant in our house.  And, Adam is athletic and patient when it comes to teaching the boys to throw, catch, dribble, kick, hit, etc.  Isaac had been telling Grandma Wilford that he had lots of balls to play with outside but no stick to hit them with. 

So, for Easter, they bought the boys their first bat and ball set.


Next to the plate, bat at the ready... Isaac "Touch-Em-All" Wilford


The pitch...


Swing, and a miss...


Unfortunately we didn't actuallly capture any hits on camera... but he did hit a few and had a great time playing either way.  I see many afternoons in our future playing ball in the backyard.  I think for a while though we better borrow that tee Grandpa Wilford said he had!  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment