I am continually amazed at how God is working in little Isaac's heart. He just says the most interesting and insightful things!
Isaac has become a bit silly lately with his bedtime prayers. Often he will end prayers with an "A-lelelelelele-men" (picture him sticking his tongue in and out of his mouth while saying the lelelelelelele part).
On Monday, as he was finishing our prayer this way, I was pondering if I should be intervening with this, talking to him about respectful praying, etc. or just let it go, not wanting to make bedtime prayers something that becomes a battle.
I let it go and watched as Isaac did the remainder of the special prayers while in a position of hands and feet on the ground, butt in the air (think downward facing dog).
When we finished praying, Isaac, from his position on all fours, says, "Some people bow down to talk to God and some people stand up."
Wow, I didn't know where that came from so I asked him where he learned that, thinking bible study, Sunday school, etc.
He said, "Jesus taught me that. I can bow down to talk to God or stand up. He listens to both."
So amazing to hear my son talking about God so naturally! I love it - I guess he answered my question on whether to intervene with his way of praying. Silly or not, God listens!
(By the way, I asked his teachers... they have not taught it at bible study or Sunday school.)
No comments:
Post a Comment