Friday, September 7, 2012

I have a preschooler????

It's hard to believe that Isaac is old enough to be in preschool but yesterday we sent him off for his first day at Heritage Lutheran Preschool where he will attend preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 1/2 hours with Mrs. Keiker in a class of 10 students.
 
For every picture, Isaac was saying, "First day of school!!!"
 
 
Sitting out front of the building.

 
Look, here's my cubby!!!

 
Isaac handled it all so maturely!  He gave Adam and me a quick hug before heading right to his task of moving his name clip to the chart that indicated he was at school.  I wasn't quite prepared for the quick goodbye - I was expecting at least an "I love you, Mom" or something but, no, he was off and ready to learn! 
 
Luke, on the other hand, screamed the whole way out of the building!  He was so disappointed that he wasn't able to go dig into the fun the other kids were having.  But, he and I figured out how to make do on our own and had fun.
 
Isaac reported after his first day that they went outside, read a book about owls, had a snack of crackers and juice, and played instruments.  "Well, some kids played instruments and some didn't.  Mrs. Kieker just sang.  I played the cymbals." 
 
Oh, and when I asked Isaac what he thought about their classroom pet (I knew they would be having a lizard), he said that the pet just slept the whole time.  I if he knew what it was and he said he thought it was probably a "redatoh" (predator).  Love his vocabulary! 
 
All in all, it was a great first day of school for Isaac!  He even asked me this morning if he could go back to school this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. So glad he had a great day! He has grown up so much, it is hard to believe our kiddos are going to school. It sounds like you won't have any trouble getting Luke to go to school either when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete