Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Isaac turns 3!!!!

For Isaac's birthday, we celebrated while we were up at the cabin for our annual 4th of July trip. 

I asked Isaac what kind of cake he wanted, suggesting that sometimes kids have dinosaur cakes, Elmo cakes, etc.  His response, unwaveringly, was chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  A man after my own heart!

So, together, he and I baked a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (click here to get to the recipe on the food blog).   His favorite part was licking the frosting we made, as is my favorite part. 



While we were waiting on the cake to finish baking, I was leaning on the counter in the kitchen.  I looked over to see little shadow Isaac mimicking my "waiting stance". 


They truly are always watching us, aren't they.

Isaac did the sprinkles on the cake himself and I added the candles.  I think it turned out adorable, and just what he asked for!



The party was a simple affair, balloons, party hats, blowers, presents, and cake with ice cream.  Here Isaac is demonstrating the use of his new binoculars that he got from Aunt Aimee and Uncle Jeff.



Not sure who liked eating birthday cake more, Isaac or Luke!



Isaac has been working on showing his numbers with fingers for a while now and here is proof.  "I am three!"




It was a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment